What’s your favorite recovery saying?

One day at a Time

3 Likes

One day at a time

4 Likes

"The goal isn’t just to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you don’t need to drink."

4 Likes

One is to many and a thousand isn’t enough

3 Likes

I’ve had that tattooed for years

1 Like

I was looking to die every time I used. I knew I was , I was slowly killing my self and I knew it. There wasn’t a consequence to using that I didn’t know. I studied while I used . SMH :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Chase sobriety like you chase the dope dealer

4 Likes

“Get busy living or get busy dying” Shawshank redemption.
I know it’s not a “recovery” saying per say yet it is what made me get that foot in the rooms.
I was so tired of trying to kill myself thru overdosing and simply drugs and alcohol. I had decided that I wasn’t very good at dying so maybe I should try living.. AND if I was going to live I needed off drugs and alcohol. If I was to live I wanted a good life.. so it sounds cliche but it’s what made me step into the rooms…

3 Likes

Absolutely love this!

2 Likes

Working great :blush:

This too shall pass
One day at a time, one moment at a time
Let go, let God

1 Like

Your networth is only as big as your network

2 Likes

Have never heard it said that way - Love that one! It reminds me of God can’t drive a parked car.

Love it - it reminds me of a similar quote - as long as you pay for insurance, you have it; as soon as you start missing payments, it will lapse. This is true regardless of the time lived sober - thus step 12

It is all in how much of that learning you can apply!

Changing perspectives changes perceptions

2 Likes

I’ve got an attitude for gratitude because I woke up, and I didn’t come to.

"Get a win today, no matter how small". Accomplish something positive or new every day. Wins pile up.

"Don't let one small stain ruin your outfit. " twist on making a mountain out of a molehill.

"Don't run up the escalator". You have a path. Ride it out at its pace. It will get you there in good time, no need to sweat or add stress.

2 Likes

Alcohol only takes, it never gives!

3 Likes

Trying to moderate your drinking is like trying to switch seats on the Titanic.

2 Likes