What’s your favorite recovery saying?

But for the Grace of God, there go I…

I’ve been in the rooms so long that I started gagging on sober speak. In the beginning of my program I needed to learn those things. To continue my program in strength, I needed to walk away from the repetition of the basics, so that I could advance in exploring, who my authentic self was, and try out new things that were designed to uphold my health and sobriety program.

Without that divergence from the basic recovery recipe, I would still be way back in a place in my recovery. That was painful because I would not have given myself the opportunity to learn new tools that are not available to me in meetings.

So I think that all of the Sober sayings are great sayings, and I simultaneously have a gag reflex when I hear them or read them because that’s how I am with something that’s been stuffed down my throat for too long. That’s right, even Food. For me to feed my program, and cause it to grow to new strength, I need to give it a variety of nutrition.

That’s just who I am and that’s just my program .
No more sober speak for me.
I’m living in the present and not the past where I needed to repeat those things over and over.

To each their own …

2 Likes

Live your dash

1 Like

That’s why I chose SMART recovery instead of 12 step

Let Go, Let God :two_hearts:

What is SMART recovery?

Everything you Hoped for, will start filling your life

Not why me try me !!

To Thine Own Self be True. Shakespeare

You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge

1 Like

My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn't come last.

The opposite of addiction is connection :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

It Takes a Village