2 years sober

I just feel blah. I’m struggling with finding meaning and purpose life. I’m angry, lonely and tired. Struggling with living life on life’s terms. I feel like relapse is now just a matter of when.

6 Likes

I relapsed after two years feeling the same way you do. My husband of 38 years died and 10 days later my 4 month grandson died in my home when I was babysitting - I hit the vodka the same night. It did NOT make anything better. One drink and I was back to a fifth of vodka a day for the next three years and left a wreckage behind. I’m starting over at 68!!! Don’t blow it - work the steps and go to meetings. I promise you’ll hate yourself if you drink.

3 Likes

Was it better with a drin

The blah blah blahs! I get those too. The meaning and purpose of life I found in service. Helping others is awesome! At first I didn’t see how it could help me in anyway. But I kept on doing it and wow! It really helped.
Service is always amazing and after 15 years of sobriety it still works every time. It’s better than getting hungover :rofl:

1 Like

As they say, the relapse happens in the mind long before it happens in reality. Get into action get into the steps you don’t want all that misery refunded. And I know for a fact that that misery will be refunded.

1 Like