9/13 gratitude

Made it to 21 days today! Had a lovely meeting in which I actually shared (which is huge for me due to pretty bad anxiety). Got breakfast with some AA members. Happy to be alive and sober :heart:

48 Likes

Well done! I hate speaking at meetings too. I know that the worst-case scenario is that I will say something that doesn't make much sense and that people will forget about it by the time the next person shares... but I still pass a lot when it's my turn

3 Likes

Yesterday they asked me to start the closing prayer and I couldn’t think of a single prayer and I said “pass” and everyone laughed and I’m still cringing about it :joy::joy: today no one even remembered but here I am stressing over it still lol

4 Likes

:joy: That's pretty classic. I have to remind myself that no one thinks about me as much as I do. We're all the main character in our own life

2 Likes

Yes! I always have to remind myself of that

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!! These first days/weeks are the most challenging!! So happy for you!

1 Like

Thank you! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Great job

1 Like

I might not be much but I’m all I think about!

3 Likes

Well done, now keep doing that and you’ll be a regular inviting the next new person along!

1 Like

That’s the plan😊

1 Like

This is awesome!! And Omgosh I sooo get the anxiety in meetings. One time I stuttered literally for 30 seconds on trying to speak a simple word and I was like oh cool my brain has gone on strike. It was actually pretty funny but I died a thousand deaths from embarrassment too.

1 Like

Haha ugh I can relate to that SO BAD. I know it’s usually long forgotten by everyone else by the time the meeting is over but I stress about it for days :joy:

1 Like

Congrats on your progress so far Alyssa. I’m not sure if you’re aware of it but I volunteer and teach Pickleball for an organization called The Phoenix Group that offers a multitude of free events, sporting, meditation, groups, etc. and they are all free. I run a sober living house in Carlsbad And I have had several clients over the years credit getting involved with these events, has been key to saving. If you ever need help or someone to talk to, or more information about The Phoenix Group, please reach out to me, 442-264-3260 and that goes for anybody else who reads this post 

1 Like

Thank you so much! Been meaning to check out one of the events. Just busy with school most evenings. I’ll try my best to make it out soon🤗

They have events during the daytime and weekends, check it out sometime you won’t regret it😎

1 Like

never stress on anything. let go and life just happens. all you have to say is God and the rest will be taken care of even with the prayer. I am not religious but learned this in sobriety

1 Like

I shared for the first time this past Saturday and it can be a little terrifying for sure.

1 Like

You got this. Is you would like to talk. I'm here

1 Like