A Good Man

Today, I’m grateful for my fiancé. I entered into our relationship just one year after leaving the worst relationship I’ve ever experienced and just one year into recovering from codependence and PTSD. The timing has been eccentric all along.

He’s a rock. He’s faced the timing bravely, along with my Ehler’s-Danlos syndrome and previously pint shaped coping mechanisms. We’ve survived Covid, the film strike that kept him from work and my catching mono at 40. With my health, that was an 18mo recovery in which he made less under the strike while caring for me and the house.

Now, he’s nearing 90 days sober as I come up on 30. Our communication and knowledge of one another’s idiosyncrasies has improved in the last few weeks. It is so wonderful to finally slow down and focus on our physical health and the heath of our relationship. We’re walking a hard road, but we’ve been doing that for 5 years now :laughing:. I am truly blessed to have such a fighter for a partner. He inspires me to keep going and I believe I do the same for him!!

6 Likes

Inspirational :relaxed:

1 Like

Amazing

1 Like

Thank you!