Airport 😳

I’m about to go to the airport and I’m flying out of Nashville basically the BAR capital of Tennessee. One of my habits was getting trashed before boarding and then passing out on the flight. I’m already trying to prepare myself to walk past all the booze.

6 Likes

I hear that! I would do the same thing, but sitting down and disassociating with music always helps me at the airport. Good luck and keep on keeping on

1 Like

How are you doing Liz,? Did you pick up a drink?

1 Like

Ha! I use to get so trashed, they wouldn’t let me on the plane!:crazy_face:
Once I was stuck in Moscow Russia airport for 5 days wif my drunk asssssss! Mantra, “Sobriety is the easier softer way”

Forgot the alcohol that's the bbq state you are so lucky I'm putting Tennessee on my bucket list I'm a foodie

1 Like

If you’re working a program, you can ask your HP for help. Also make sure you keep in contact with your sponsor and any other sober friends.

It happened to me a lot ! And also once in Moscow )

You are stronger than you think.

I’ve done the same girl! What gets me through it now is knowing how crappy I’m going to feel coming off the plane. Or even being on the plane. Put some headphones on. Grab a snack and keep yourself occupied. You got this!

I had the same problem. I wear walking shoes and get some preflight exercise walking the terminal now. It helps with my anxiety for flying.

My addiction/disease/ego/my worse enemy! Anytime I feel uncomfortable, or negative in anyway, I quickly identify my disease/ego. Then I can overcome. Sometimes I can laugh about it

U got it