Alcohol is the devil

I have been looking for rehabs and they are outrageous. I drink now not to get sick, not to feel the emotions of when I’m sober. As easy as it is to pick a rehab facility financially it’s not always possible!! How do I even start a sober journey??

2 Likes

Detox and meeting

1 Like

Agreed.

Many had to go through detox and withdrawal at home with a friend or family member. Sometimes that's the price we have to pay. It's like an exorcism. :japanese_ogre:

No matter where you are, it's gonna be a rough few days, but bear in mind that you only have to go through this once!

Except it; accept it; buckle in, hold on tight, and don't ever forget what you're going through right now lest the Devil come back around to tempt you again someday ... and he will.:snake:

Once you're able, start going to meetings right away, and complete a 90/90, then keep coming back!

You can do this!

1 Like

Repost myself from yesterday because it may be helpful

Just made my first 24 hours without alcohol in over 3 1/2 years. The doctor gave me an Ativan IV at the clinic and then put me on a 5 day routine of Librium to control the withdrawal symptoms and prevent a seizure. They did a blood test and found everything is fine, except my liver is upset. The doctor said it should return to norrmal readings in a month.
I feel fantastic today. My wife woke up and saw my face and eyes weren't red and puffy, she yelled and gave me a big hug. 2 days ago, I literally felt like I was going to die.
I was extremely stubbornly resistant to getting professional help, but it's something I should've done 2-3 years ago.

Definitely detox before anything else

1 Like

Veronica, I didn’t have money or insurance when I got sober. I detoxed at a facility for 3 days & nights. I didn’t have $$ for sober living either. So after detoxing I went to 3 AA meetings daily for about a year. Then 1 to 2 meetings daily for the following 4 years.
Now everyone has their own path and program to figure out. However, I needed to reprogram my brain and my entire life. It worked! 15+ years absolutely sober. I now go to 1 meeting a month, but always working the steps with Sponsees. That’s my path that works for me. I hope this helps.
I’m here if you ever want to talk

I checked myself into Detox, not because I’ve ever had a problem quitting. I just needed a quiet place away from my daily life. I met some great people and you make connections. Then find you a meeting rather it is a AA or celebrate recovery or a faith based church program. Regardless don’t do this alone. You need someone that you can talk to even if it’s a texting buddy. You will keep up with one another every day and it’s just a different level of comfort.

I went to a 30 day inpatient program that changed my life. Yes, it's expensive but invest in yourself YOU ARE WORTH IT. The place I went to didn't take insurance but also worked with patients to get scholarships. Some churches can help and often have funds to help pay. I needed more than a 3 day detox to quit but everyone is different