Alcohol

Wanting to be clean I need help so I can be here for my son everyone I love is either worried bout me or mad at me and I've been drinking since I was 15 day and night. please help

3 Likes

I suggest AA meetings. Download the app Meeting Guide and it’ll show meetings around your area. I suggest in person but they also have zoom meetings. Also, AA has a woman only meetings if that makes you more comfortable :pray:t3::raised_hands:

The wonderful people on this ap are so supportive and helpful! Just take it 1 minute at a time and realize that alcohol is not your friend. It took me decades to realize that. Wishing you happiness always!!

You may need to go to detox and or rehab to get sober if you find you can’t stop on your own, going to AA meetings can really help you meet others who have got and stayed clean and sober.

1 Like

Agree with all of the above. For me, I needed 30 days inpatient to deal with underlying causes which I hadn't dealt with my whole life. It feels soooo good 1y 4m later to finally experience continuous sobriety

My suggestion take it or leave it is to get to a detox facility and they could put you on detox and seizure meds and hopefully a craving medication. That was the only way that I was able to stop I was so physically addicted. Then build a recovery team. Go to meetings of your choice. Reach out to others. This can’t be done alone. I tried didn’t work. Best wishes.

Britany, are you working with a sponsor? Are you going to AA meetings?