Back in the car

So i had a sponsor a few years ago thought he was a great guy called him like a minth ago cause i had been staying in my car for wuite awhile i was working full time but lost the job and had just been floating for 2-3mo tha staying in the car i called him he gave me a place to stay i got a job again all the while i got a dog about 2 weeks before he let me move in basically before i had called him he had a dog to well just these past couple days he starys ignoring me i had been busy woth work and training my dog but i guess my dog has major seperation anxiety from being abonded i adopted him at humane society. So ibguess while i was at work he would whine and this and that and the house i was in he had basically moved a wall over and made a lil studio add on to his house. Well idk what got into him but all of a sudden hes telling me my dogs a prisoner and my dog should be hanging outboutside with his dog while im at work mind you his dog rins free all iver thebplace and is always in everyones way when they leave for work. I had told him no im not comfortable with that obly having the dog a short time and having lost a dog while i was at work do to someone else letting her out. So today he told me if i didnt do something woth the dog i would return from work and he would be tied to a tree. Mind you hes 75 years old and cant even remember what day it is half the time without his schedule. Idk he was a good guy i thought untul this so ibpacked my things this morning all back in the car and left and went to work today cone to find out my dog did alot better i. The car the. Staying there so makes me believe he may have been doing other things idk but in just flabbergasted at how wuickly my “sponsor” turned on me and my dog. Like actually threatening to tie my dog up im just amazed idk so im back to staying in my car with my dog working fulltime. Just amazed that a sponsor someone who is supposed to be there for you would do that really makes me not want another sponsor ive done this on my own and have changed my whole mindset and motivation on life not knocking na or aa but just gives me that much more motivation to keep to myself keep my head in my work and ficus on myself and my dog

A sponsor is not a housing supplier or lending institution. It was good of him to give you a place to stay. But obviously you have to abide by rules and standards wherever you stay.
Get to meetings and work the steps. It will get better.

1 Like