Balance

So I feel like I need to find a balance in my life. I'm either at a meeting every night or hardly any at all. I do step work. Have a sponsor and work the na program. It's hard not to put expectations on myself but I do. Any suggestions. I have been clean for 6 months and in sober living.

4 Likes

What’s the ideal balance, if you don’t like going everyday? If it’s 3-4 times a week schedule it like it’s an appt that can’t be moved. Then build your life around that with other new things you enjoy or want in your day.

2 Likes

How many hours a week do you work? How many meetings do you get to in an average week?

I use to spend hours every day drinking, thinking about drinking, scheming about drinking, lying about drinking. It was exhausting. An hour a day in a meeting or in prayer and meditation is nothing compared to the time I wasted. I work a 50 a week job and have plenty of time now for life. It’s amazing. I do all sorts of fun stuff and am productive at home. It’s amazing. Hang in there. The balance comes.

Just go to a meeting you never know who you might help with what you say

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also in sober living so I am in therapy 16 hours a week. I'm finding out that I put expectations on myself and I realized that each week or day will not be the same. If I need a meeting I'm going to a meeting. I jus get different suggestions from my sponsor and my counselor. I'm getting alot done and staying clean.

2 Likes

This is what I would suggest: if you're struggling with balance, do something that is just for you. Something you like, you enjoy, you choose. Something that makes you happy, content, fulfilled. For me, it's playing guitar. For some it's yoga or reading or exercising. Writing, origami, what ever. But do it for you. When you feel good about you, finding a balance between meetings or anything else will be easier.

Balance is a moving target for me!:crazy_face:. But I’ll tell you it gets easier and easier. I still get out of wack once in awhile but not nearly as often as early sobriety.
Just REMEMBER WE DONT PICK UP OR USE NO MATTER WHAT!! Everything will work out.