Battling Two Illnesses No One Could See

Battling Two Illnesses No One Could See

13 Likes

If others treated us the way we treat ourselves we'll be ready to kill them.- MJ Gottlieb

This is the reminder I need. I need to be kind[er] to myself. I need to show myself forgiveness and accept that I am not who I was in addiction.

2 Likes

I love your resilience Devri. Keep sharing your message with your online presence. You are a great example for the younger population who are struggling with addiction and for those fighting another illness. God bless you :heart::pray:t2:

Great listen

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and found myself unable to continue my alcohol due to the fact that I would be in the bathroom the whole time at the party. So I went the drug dealer, my doctor. 17 years went by and I lost a lot.
The hardest part I had was the loss of my identity of who I was before I got sick and became an opioid addict.
Today I have been fighting to stay clean for 5 years.
Today I discovered I have found my laugh. A true, genuine, sober laugh.
Sobriety is worth it.
I like how you talked about ego. How getting sick was a positive thing for you. You made me think.
Thank you for that.
Keep going hun. Your amazing

1 Like

My mother has the same disease, and also in recovery from the same drug dealer. Congratulations and keep up the good work