Chapter 5 The rain poured down as I looked out at

Chapter 5

The rain poured down as I looked out at the graveyard of my life. I gave it once last look over and set down the road again....

The road became narrow and then came to a dead stop in a field. I suddenly heard a violin playing off in the distance. I recognized the song from another world and time. Yes I have traveled to many far off lands, worlds and times I recall the tune it was about a moon that was killing and the band was about some bunnymen echoing.

I walked through the field and a fog rolled in as I got the closer the music got louder. Yes I realize how near and far works thanks to a blue monster on a children's television show.

I saw a man dressed in uniform that was from your world. He wasn't dressed in a WW3 uniform but a uniform from the first one. The war to end all wars ...

The man stopped playing and saluted me.

Me:At ease. what are you another spirit guide to guide me on my journey?

WW1: Far from it sir. I am alive and blood flowing through all regions of my body. I mean all regions. " He gave me a wink

Me: So what are you doing here?

WW1:. Well I am just waiting for the frequency to change and then I can go back home and win the war for whichever leader has insecurities with another leader I suppose.

Me' frequency?

WW1: well we are all on a different frequency traveling through the oddities of life. We look as though there is a right way to live , to fight, to heal, to make love and war. Yet the way is the one that is best for the individual and in attempting to do so the less destructive towards others. I myself and much like you are here by circumstances beyond your control. Yes you choose to walk down certain patches , but the road was put down long ago so really what choices do you truly have ? To go this way or that? Backwards and forwards? Possibly just stand still or lay down and give up. The two points on the road are just the same beginning and an end and what we do on the path is up to us and the reaction to the road itself.

Me' Aren't you just recycling old wisdom in an effort to sound deep and enlightened with no real substance to real life situations and struggles?

WW1: Say what you will sir. A philosophy has started many blessings and many hardships. Yet the road remain the same

I stood and pondered for a bit and scanned the open field .

Me' Nothing but fields for miles?

WW1: funny though right when we have peace and calm or stability for miles we want to shake things up. A distraction. When things are go go and chaotic we want calm.. just enjoy the stroll and forget about any destination or the road itself.

With that he picked up his violin and played Gangsters paradise.

I departed the man and continued on my journey.

1 Like