Close family member relasped

So, a family member of mine just recently got out of the hospital after a nearly two month stay in critical condition. Caused by aspirating from their drinking

They seamed to be doing so good for the first week after getting out. Like a different person. And then I came home to them back at it. Not even fully healed yet. They seamed to be really struggling with fighting their urges.

I've never felt so bad for someone... I really wish I could help them but it seems like they're loosing a battle.

4 Likes

Hi Rhett, I am so sorry to read this. That is such a hard thing to watch. Just be an example in your actions. After drinking myself into the hospital I swore that I was done forever. Then I thought I could just have one. Just don’t give up hope and stay strong.

1 Like

I'm trying not to loose hope. They're in pretty rough shape and I known they're trying so hard.

I just wish I knew how to help them better. It's hard to when I'm not home enough due to work.

Thank you for your hopefull reply. It's going to be rough but I sure hope that they pull through. It was a close one.

Never underestimate the power of alcohol addiction. A mighty reminder for all of us. Praying for your family member to receive help. Praying for you as it is horrible to watch. Keep the faith.

You could do a bunch of praying and have a bunch of people do a bunch of praying for you, or you could move your feet and get your family member to as many AA meetings as possible.

What do you have to lose? Well, if it's a matter of life or death, then you already know the answer.