Craving Relaxation

After a long weekend of being a DeafBlind woman's Support Service Provider (SSP), I'm struggling to relax without a drink. I am exhausted.

5 Likes

There are certain teas you can try to help relax. Chamomile tea is good for relaxing. Tension tamer is one that I drink, too, that helps.
Make sure you are getting plenty of sleep and not starving yourself. When you don't eat your blood sugar gets low, causing your brain to freak out and scream anxiety. Getting plenty of sleep is important to release feel good endorphins. Otherwise you can be pretty miserable. Alcohol has a way of messing with your blood sugar in the long run causing hypoglycemia. When that happens you gotta regulate blood sugar to make yourself not feel like garbage. Make sure you get healthy carbs like fruits and vegetables and healthy protein.

1 Like

Meditation

1 Like

A podcast or audio from this site.

1 Like

Im starting my sobriety tomorrow and I know that's some stuff I'll be going through to

Hi Erica, I’m new (minutes ago) and too old for you, but I’m interested in your work with deaf/blind. Last summer I had a cool experience at Burning Man. There was a “deaf camp” near my camp, and I made friends with a deaf woman from New York.

I’m sorry you’re struggling. Unfortunately, I’m not a good resource, as I stopped drinking for health reasons. I have issues, but (weirdly) haven’t struggled with addiction. Your post caught my eye and I wanted to say I’m open to talking with you, if you think it might be beneficial to you. In situations like this, it helps me to have someone to bounce things around with. Perhaps it would help you as well.

No pressure. Best to you