Cravings

I have been having urges to drink lately. I don't plan to drink, but I need to get it out there that it’s been on my mind.

18 Likes

Karina, smart move! Telling on myself, sharing my addictive thoughts always helped me neutralize my compulsion. I was taught that I’m only as sick as my secrets!

7 Likes

Play the tape! Take it 1 moment at a time and focus on the end result if you stay sober. try to relax and maybe meditate?

4 Likes

Good for you. Just keep doing anything else. :heart: try to get outside or pick a short project. Clean out a drawer or closet, mop the floor, do some art, journal about what you would do if you won the lottery :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These people know. The only 5hong I would add is a meeting.

4 Likes

What is your need for your urge to drink? Try to ask your self what's your need behind. Try to identify your need.

4 Likes

Thank you; these are all very helpful suggestions.

Of course we "think about" drinking/using. We are addicts. The difference is that we make a decision every day, not to use. It's a short term pain for a long term gain. Keep reaching out.

3 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate your words.

1 Like

THE DREAM.. THE STRUGGLE., AND THE PRIZE. TRUST THE PROCESS OF RECOVERY. SAY THIS OUT LOUD DAILY. I NO LONGER HAVE A DRINKING AND USING CAREER I HAVE A THINKING CAREER.. LIFE DOES GET BETTER. YOU CAN DO THIS One Day AT a TIME

2 Likes

12 & 12 book

1 Like

Chocolate

You got this

1 Like

Your not alone
The thoughts never leave
But as long as we ain’t holding we ain’t using!! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Hello Karina

Do you play the tape? The negative tape if you pick up a drink.

Then play the positive tape of things that will be positive in your life if you don’t pick up a drink. It really helps.