Day 2.. I’m on MAT. I had 400 days and

Day 2..
I’m on MAT. I had 400 days and then relapsed for 2 yrs and then got on MAT, had a couple months and lost it again. But I feel genuinely happy right now! I bought a car, my daughter has a clean bill of health. I’m just struggling with waking up wanting to use and giving in…

3 Likes

Do you have in person, sober support?

Eh, my mom, best friend and daughter.. that’s about it n

1 Like

Me too

Dang man I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Deep down inside you do want to be free of chemical addiction though, right?

It’s great that you’re reaching out! If you can get to some f2f help, that would be good. I’ve been right where you are. I’ve been using the revolving door since 1998 and that’s a real shame but I always say, “we do what we do until we’re done with being sick”. That’s what addiction is… a sickness, a disease and we have to do everything we can to stay clean. Put the same effort we put into sobriety that we put into using. I’m 2 days sober today. We got this! ODAT and try to get f2f with ppl just like us.

Thinking of you. You've done it before and it sounds like you've ended up in a better place for it, stay strong and give yourself the space you need to stay healthy :heartbeat:

Thank you! I’m trying so hard

2 Likes

Okay I’ll try! I just work so much, meetings are the least of my thoughts but seems like I need to change that

2 Likes

Yes!!

Yes you absolutely should at least give it a try

Meetings are usually very uplifting, and it's good to try a few until you find a group you like. I got turned off by one group years ago, and have now found one I really enjoy.

How long do you have to be off of fentanyl before you can start your Suboxone shot does anyone know

1 Like

Definitely a few days. I couldn’t handle subs as my MAT. They threw me into withdrawal every single time. I’d wait as long as I possibly could, 3 days at most and they still threw me into withdraw. I had to get on methadone