Don’t say GTAM!

Where do you find a sponsor?

I do online meetings bit due to that I mean how do you go about finding a sponsor

I’m 13 years clean off drugs
An 3m 16d off alcohol

An I’m struggling

1 Like

I mean…it sounds like you know the answer, but for some reason don’t want to hear it.

If you want a sponsor, you should go to a meeting and tell them you’re looking for a sponsor.

If online is your online option, do the same thing. Share and say you’re struggling and that you’re looking for a sponsor.

2 Likes

I don’t have the opportunity to go to an in person meeting as it’s over an hour and 30 minutes away from me

Ask on the zoom meeting

2 Likes

Not to beat a dead horse, but as the others said, I think the only safe way to find a 12-step sponsor is at a meeting -- virtual is fine if you can't do in person. It's hard to know if you can trust someone in that position unless you meet them at a meeting and see them active in recovery.

That being said, there are alternatives if AA is too logistically challenging - like addiction counseling, sober coaches, and other peer or mentor support (e.g., thru SMART Recovery). Just some other options to research/ consider.

3 Likes

“We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start.”

I sponsor. I’ll friend request you now, so we can talk. Even if I don’t sponsor you, I’ll tell you what to look for. Try looking for a sponsor that is happily sober, with lots of time sober and that is stable & wise.
Either way, I wish you the best of luck :crossed_fingers: