Emotions!

Anger. sooo much came out last night. Like I couldn't stop it. Idk. I'm still early in my recovery this time. Just over a month. And I'm nit use to all these emotions or how to deal with them. Aby advice would b appreciated

3 Likes

I know the feeling brother. Does reading or watching TV help?

2 Likes

I feel that so often. When I start to feel overwhelmed I either go for a long fast walk to try to clear the yaya’s. Or

I write. I put it all down on paper. Who I am mad at, why, what I want to do as a result and then if not utterly exhausted after that I write about what I should do.

Consider it like a release valve. But I do like Joshua’s idea. Find a new series binge watch. Sometimes when you’re just starting out (which I’ve done a few times!) it’s easier to just lose yourself in TV. Hang in there. You’re not alone.

3 Likes

Not really reader but maybe audio books. N TV ehh. Honestly music is my outlet

1 Like

Journaling really helps me...as does a good workout

1 Like

Yea. I worked out this am :muscle:

1 Like

Gym, even a walk. Get outside. Sometimes taking a shower, screaming, crying, push-ups..

1 Like

I appreciate all your kind words soo dammn much. Thank you all !

I hear you, find an hobby. If you feel anger and raged very often, try to google a rage room. There is one where I live, it's a room where you can brake glasses and a many other stuff. It was helpful when I got full of rage.

1 Like

Also, I found very helpful to write down the moments when I feel rage, like a story. Then read it again and again, it really helped me to realize what happened from another angle.

1 Like

It's not always an option but for me walking in nature by myself always a fix
Walk until you are tired then walk double that
Try to be aware of the subtle beauty that surrounds you

Justin, working the 12 steps with a sponsor really helped me.
I was a dangerously angry guy and was incarcerated many times. I went through anger management as a condition of my parole.
The 12 steps several times dissolved my anger and fear.
I’ll friend request you now. We can talk if you want.

1 Like

Journaling helps because once we sober up and read what we could send in a text etc.
then we can reflect and choose and better outcome then just venting and sounding like an asshole.

2 Likes