For anyone struggling with cravings and/or mental health

Vitamin D is known to play a crucial role in various physiological processes in the body, including brain function and neurotransmitter regulation. Vitamin D receptors are found throughout the brain, including areas involved in mood regulation and addiction.

Research suggests that vitamin D may influence the expression of certain neurotransmitters and receptors in the brain that are involved in drug addiction. For example, vitamin D has been shown to modulate the expression of dopamine receptors in the brain, which play a key role in the reward system and addiction pathways.

Furthermore, vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased risk of developing various mental health disorders, including depression and anxiety, which are often co-morbid with substance use disorders.

While more research is needed to fully understand the impact of vitamin D on addiction and related behaviors, ensuring adequate levels of vitamin D through sunlight exposure, dietary sources, or supplements may have potential benefits for individuals struggling with drug addiction.

16 Likes

Appreciate that :pray:t5:

1 Like

Yep :+1:

1 Like

Good to know, thanks !

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!! So interesting. A lot of people are actually deficient in vitamin D, including me.

1 Like

Thanks for that

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It has helped me a lot with cravings. It's funny how the most simple things are the biggest help.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Try taking vitamin D3 with K2. The K2 will help you absorb it better and D3 is easier to absorb than D2

1 Like

I have a vitamin D deficiency this is info I didn't know. This my first day here I've been addict since around 2003 and have been working on my sobriety since since 2016.

The jell capsules or oil drop over vitamin D is the way to go. They absorb way better than chewables.

Thank you. Great information