Groundhog day again

She left again. So I'm alone again.seems like this is a familiar tale.
I'm hiding out so I don't get tempted to drink. Sleep is doubtful!
I'm over 400 days sober and I'm doing my best to get one more right now.

4 Likes

That sucks. Far be it from me to offer relationship advice. Keep hiding out. She comes back, good, I assume. She don't, stay sober. You'll kick yourself otherwise and bar flys make for horrible relationships.

2 Likes

If she does this often, maybe you shouldn't let her back again.

2 Likes

Hello STEVEN, I remember when I had 18 months clean and sober. I asked God to give me someone to love. And I met someone we ended up having two beautiful kids. After being together for 6 1/2 years, she decided life was boring. And we separated I found myself in my bedroom crime to God once again to give me someone to love. As soon as those words left my mouth, my two beautiful kids walked in the room, and I looked up and realized he had given me two beautiful children to love the rest of my life. Don’t give up, keep searching, keep seeking, and you will eventually find my God hasto offer you

3 Likes

Thanks Josh. Rough night but I kept the faith!

1 Like

I'm taking a more defensive stance this time. I can't her from coming back but I can keep myself sane. Thanks Taylor.

2 Likes

Thanks Troy. I dobtry to focus on what is have not what I've lost. Good reminder!!

1 Like

Hey man, I don't know the situation, but if someone is toxic, or if we are toxic to someone, we gotta let them go.

1 Like

Letting someone go is hard, refusing to put yourself back in that situation when they try to come back or stay is even harder. Do what’s ultimately best for you both and make yourself and your own mental and emotional health a priority. Trust your decisions and know that sometimes the hardest ones to make are the right ones. The hard days are also one at a time.

1 Like

To change my life, I had to change everything. Including my relationships. Especially the dysfunctional relationships, they had to end.
Good relationships I nurtured and expanded.
I can be addicted to people too. So I definitely know that and have the steps, the program and process to work through.

1 Like