Help please

I don’t know what to do tonight. I feel immensely lonely anywhere I go. I speak to people I’ve met 10 times over. I remember them, they don’t remember me. I try to mix by going to meetings and sober events, but I feel invisible and have no idea how to make myself visible in a healthy sober manner. I’m being chewed up by resentment. I haven’t made it to my fourth step yet, even though (and I know how dumb this sounds) I would trade all the steps just to be able to feel free of these grudges and learn to make amends. I’m scared.

3 Likes

A couple of things.
First, I hear you. I remember feeling that way. It’s an awful feeling. So know that you are being heard.
Second, and you won’t like this one as much. The steps are in order for a reason. Try to be patient. Maybe try an online meeting and see how you feel about those. I struggle to make connections in in person meetings sometimes, myself. I have MASSIVE social anxiety. But I still have a home group, online meetings aren’t a substitute for all in person meetings, I’m my honest opinion. But they can be a lifesaver when you are in a tough spot. And they have them all day everyday. AA.org or NA.org I hope this helps. :black_heart::two_hearts:

4 Likes

When clean we are in an abnormal state so to speak. You're not alone. I have felt like a space alien among everybody before. Most of the time, it's not even real, it's just this disease isolating my thinking. Keep showing up, get a sponsor, and work steps. Don't pick up no matter what. This too shall pass.

4 Likes

I hear you. Praying for you. You are not alone. Keep hanging on🙏🏼

1 Like

Step work saved me! Make it your priority over everything and everyone. You’ll see

1 Like

Friend request sent

I felt like that to my friend one day at a time dony give up

1 Like

How are you doing today Benjamin

Sober and thriving

1 Like

Awesome I’m so glad to hear it brother

1 Like