Hey guys . New here

I’m having trouble finding not only friends but a companion . I’m coming up on my year sober but I can’t deny that I’ve had dark thoughts . I’m sober but I’m alone…. I feel like when I was active at least I had my cope

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out that takes courage. Your not alone. Go to a meeting. Get phone numbers and use them. Keep reaching out. Build a support system around you.

2 Likes

I have been sober for almost 8 years and I am married, but sometimes I still feel very alone as well. It is the nature of our disease. You have to get out there and get some meetings, make friends and get some phone numbers. It’s not easy but it’s well worth it.
One more thing …. My sponsor told me never to go into my head alone….. It’s a very dangerous place to be. Try to find someone to talk things over with, even if it’s on here. Good luck to you!:pray:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I agree in my head is a bad place alone. Good luck brother

3 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth

1 Like

Welcome! When I feel alone and want good company, being of service always makes me feel really great! Go to meetings early and staying later to help out. Pick up commitments, do H&I panels and sponsor newcomers. AA social activities are fun too. I have made lots of meaningful friendships along the way.
I hope this helps🙏

I’m the same way. Struggling to find friends. Or someone to just talk to and chat with everyday. That is what helped me stay sober during treatment and right after it. The connection. But now the connections I had are slowly fading and I’m left alone.