Hi everyone

Hi Christine! I totally relate to what you said, I was in and out of drinking for a while. I’m here if you ever want to chat!

2 Likes

Welcome. I hear for ya for sober support

2 Likes

You two are both young, become friends and bite the bullet. I only have 2 weeks. Don’t become like me fighting this in my 60’s. Focus on yourself. Nip it in the bud now and live the life you were meant to live. God Bless you both, here anytime.

2 Likes

Hi Christine I'm an alcoholic and addict and I'm 4 months clean and my life is getting better everyday!!! I wish you the best.. Life is sooo much more on this side😁

3 Likes

Welcome! It can get better.

3 Likes

This is a great era to get sober. Technology has presented us with support at our fingertips. Between this place, and others, I can reach out 24/7 to find a reassuring voice. I wouldn’t be sober today without my online support friends.

3 Likes

My problem is that I'm getting bored and want to do things with people. I'm 5 months sober and lost all my friends because of my actions when drinking. And the friends I had at the end drink like I did, so that's not an option.

2 Likes

Well for obvious reasons I can't be your sponsor but I can definitely be your friend and sober support I know my s*** a little bit. Eight residential treatments treatments in my entire life did things majorly different this last time and today I have more sobriety than I ever have since I took my first hit of weed. At age 12 so I'm a vast cesspool of knowledge reach out let me know if there's anything I can do to help. All I can say is do as close to what the program suggests as you can and rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.

1 Like

Hi Jenn,
Thank you! I really appreciate that.

1 Like

Thanks Haley! I appreciate you :heartbeat:

You found a good place for support. Nothing but the best to you.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support

2 Likes

This is an amazing place for support.
I know it may have been said… you’re young , and this is very special &courageous … keep asking for help…
You will have to this on your own …
Embrace the change !
Prioritize consistency & don’t pick up

2 Likes

I also need to find sober friends for my son, I see the And he goes through every single day he’s drank for 15 years straight and has only stopped because of his health conditions but I know that there’s another way for him and he needs sober friends

If you want instant positive friends you could try a meeting in your area either zoom or in person
I go to AA and NA and there are other good recovery programs. I have never had so many friends!!

1 Like

Sober buddies are great :blush:

1 Like

Hi Christine I be would love to connect I am one year sober after decades of trying I just kept coming back till the miracle happened. I went to my first meeting when I was 20 and continued to use for many years. I would love to talk I sent you a request! We are both in Cali so same time zone. How wonderful that you are so self aware and have already been trying to get sober for someone so young. My good friend Sara got sober at 22 and has 40 years sober today! It can be done. Your future self will be grateful. Think about her when you make your decisions. Drinking ages you badly and you are so beautiful still!

1 Like

Hi Kelli,
Absolutely- I would love to talk and connect. I’m happy to hear about your year- congratulations!
Thank you so much for your kind words :heartbeat: I will definitely remember them

1 Like

Same boat brother. Hang in there :pray:

Welcome! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like