Hi there, My names Tam. Im a little over 5

Hi there, My names Tam. Im a little over 5 and 1/2 years sober. Saw this app and thought Id sign up and see what its about. Be cool to meet some new sober friends. Im not into the religious side of recovery, so I just want the atheists and agnostics out there to know its possible for us too 🩶

Ive had a pretty hard couple months, as my dad passed on the 18 of September and Ive been struggling getting his estate and belongings sorted out, I dont feel like drinking but Ive definitely had to really work on my stress levels to make sure I dont end up sinking.

Im doing pretty good today though! Just getting through it!

Thanks for reading, hope you all have a great day!

9 Likes

Hang in there, I lost my dad and father in law within a 6 month period. Trying to sort out there affairs and respecting their wishes. Holding it all in is hard, but not undoable Loving your Dad is taking things one day at a time.Breathe!!!! You can and will get through this.....

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Michael!

I'm finally getting through the paperwork, seeing a end to that. But still a TON of work to do.

Thankyou for that! Ive been in in tunnel vision for a month now. Only the last week, I've started to feel like things will be more doable and that I'm getting somewhere.

Just know there are plenty of people here to talk to and ask for help. Stress is such a major factor for me and it’s nice to have people you can decompress with. Hopefully you will find people that will help bring that peace and joy into your life.