How do I even get started?

How do I even get started?

Hey Adam, you just started. Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. Find a meeting with AA or another group. It is tough to do it alone. Get educated on what and how alcohol messes with your body and brain. The book Alcohol Explained by William Porter is easy to read and understand. Sobriety is doable, you can do this. Reach out anytime

3 Likes

You just did

3 Likes

Hi Adam! I echo Charlie! You just did it! The next steps are to find a community (according to research people who are plugged into a recovery community are more likely to have long-term sobriety). And from experience I can say it is much easier when you have people to turn to. This app is super helpful, but online or in person recovery meetings are helpful too. Next you’ll want to come up with some tools to help you cope and treat your addiction (you can learn these tools on here, in meetings, through books). Keep sobriety as your top priority and it will work. Good luck and reach out if you need support!

2 Likes

Check the app.
The meeting guide

Wake up everyday and pray to not take a drink or use today. One day at a time.

Get started by not starting. Reaching out is the best.

Allen Carr, the easy way to quit alcohol, is a book that has helped me alot, but I would strongly recommend finding support through a sobriety group. Alcohol has never done you any favors. You can live free from it man.

Admit you are powerless over alcohol and your life has become unmanageable.

Aa. Org. For meetings