How do you fall asleep sober? The only thing

That makes sense. Maybe turning off devices an hour or 2 before bedtime with a real book, a boring book, instead of audible.

2 Likes

It took me quite a while. When I first sobered up I would close my eyes and the curtain went up a the show began.
Really I didn’t know how to go to sleep, I only knew how to pass out.
Give it time, the physical and mental recovery will follow the spiritual.

2 Likes

I tend to prefer economics because it's interesting enough to keep my attention, but dry enough to help me drift off. But then, I'm a nerd, so.

1 Like

Sleep will never be the same , but waking up is way easier , I use YouTube 10min meditation and music

2 Likes

I force myself to wake up 7am and STAY awake the whole day. By 10am I am exhausted. Then my sleeping pattern adjusts

Chamomile Tea with warm Milk really relaxes me

10 meditation - I use Balance App. It’s excellent for beginners

1 Like

Maybe set up a night-time routine to help convince your body it’s so time for bed? You can add activities like reading a chapter in a book, taking a warm/hot bath, meditate/pray, have a cup of tea - there are specific ones for de-stress, sleepy-time, etc… night time yoga/stretches, do a gratitude list, journal for 15 mins, or whatever you like that is relaxing and might put you in the mood to sleep better. This is something that helped me a lot and as always just a suggestion. Best Wishes!

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I have a plan with all the recommendations I’ve received today! If you don’t hear from me tomorrow, I’m still sleeping :zzz: lol

2 Likes

You know, I can honestly say that in my experience it took time. While I started by shutting down any media, etc... 1-2 hours before bedtime, exercise, diet and several other self-care routines helped regulate my natural sleep cycle after years of alcohol abuse. While turning off phone notifications, I have been actually playing some prayer videos on YouTube (they also have some really cool hypnosis videos) while making sure that the screen brightness isn't extreme and the volume is low. Best wishes to you and congratulations on your hard earned clean time :relaxed:

1 Like

Pray

1 Like

Personally, I would try to be active through the day and that would help so much. Some form of real activity.

2 Likes

Try melatonin

2 Likes

I sleep better sober actually, alcohol really messed with my sleep patterns:) Exercise and herbal will help.

2 Likes

Just please remember that normal sleep and great naps are just around the corner. Ask god to help you and I promise he will🙏

1 Like

Thank you!

Trazodone!!!

Seriquil also works great if melatonin and trazadone dont. But fair warning, eat before taking it because it will make you extremely hungry.

1 Like

I’m on Gabapentin for restless legs

1 Like

I will be honest it took me about 3 months to start sleeping. Now I sleep 8 hours every night. Benadryl helps.

1 Like

I take a sleeping pill.. I’m busy all day everyday.. I have a lot of animals and it’s a full time job.. I’m always tired but I’ve never been able to sleep.. sober or not.. just have too much on my mind for it to just shut down. And I’m still up and down all night..

Herbal tea I meant lol..