How does one get past being sober for longer than

How does one get past having the desire to be sober for longer than one day? From methamphetamine.

6 Likes

Hang out in sober places with sober people as much as possible.

1 Like

Don’t worry about trying to
Look beyond just today. What’s important is that you are sober for today. Tomorrow, you take the same approach. One day at a time.

I cannot seem to get past just one day without using again and I do not know anyone sober. At all. And I do not have an option to be in a place free of drugs.

1 Like

Rehab

I can't just go to rehab. I have a dog and no one in my life I can rely on whatsoever.

Sam got yourself into AA meet some people tell them your plan and situation. There may be someone there who would watch your dog till your through in rehab
I have seen some amazing thing people do for others in AA.
Also I get a injection of vivitrol it helps control my urges you should look into it it works for me

2 Likes

Seek medical help if you have to.

Consider CMA or NA. There are virtual meetings. Please google virtual NA meetings. There are meetings 24:7.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am going to do that right now.

1 Like

Keep reaching out, put as much energy into recovery as you did into using and you’ll find more often than not, that you are getting there.

https://virtual-na.org/meetings/

Is where I go a lot.

1 Like

…OK… you dodn’t become an addict in one night. It was habitual use.

Same with getting clean. You wanted to get high…now
you want to get clean.

You put yourself around others that use because it was
comfortable…now
pit yourself around others getting and staying clean.

You asked others doing meth longer than you how to do it right. You asked how to avoid getting “beat”. You asked where to go to get the good…now ask others clean how to do it right. Ask how to avoid falling off. Ask where to go to get “good clean”.

Simply ask the happiest person getting clean what they do, where they do it. How they do it.
When they do it.
With whom they do ot with.

Put as much effort into getting/being clean as
you did getting high.

There is no time associated with happy. I can promise that the more you “do” to get/stay clean will shorten the time to getting happy!

Love ya kiddo,
Brent S

2 Likes

For me it was always hard to do it on my own so I would check myself into a detox / meant so health hospital!! It worked for me cos you have no access to drugs when your in there so it can rlly help you get sober for those first few days/ week. Then when you come out your clear headed and hopefully can stay clean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

there’s dog hotels you can check your pup into ! sometimes you gotta put yourself first and get clean

1 Like

I second Billy D. states. Finding a community and a sober support system is really important but everyone is going to be different. Everyone's story is unique just as everyone's path is unique. Don't doubt yourself because you can't go to rehab. If you have a desire, go get it. Start with meetings, some people do two meetings a day. Whatever it takes.

2 Likes

Were you able to check out one of the virtual meetings suggested by Heather?

I don’t count the days, and I don’t think about abstaining; I fill the time with things that are good for me.

I hate to say it bother but it sounds like rehab is the place you need at this time.. of course you’ll really need or want this change in your life or else rehab is not going to work for ya.. nothing will if you don’t try to get your mindset right or in the right direction.. from what you are saying “you don’t have an option of getting away from the drugs” then rehab is it.. good luck and keep your head.. stay strong.. much love

Well SAM IF YOU NEED TO GO TO MEDICAL DETOX. that's what you need to do. Don't try to do it on your own. I GOT SOBER AT 23 AND DID 40 MONTHS OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT. MY MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS IS A MIDDLE STAGE WETBRAIN ALCOHOLIC WITH A DRUG PROGRAM. TODAY IM IN YEAR 36. BE WILLING TO BE HONEST ABOUT GETTING OUTSIDE HELP. YOU ARE WORTH IT.