I am struggling with struggling. Am I doing this right

I am struggling with struggling. Am I doing this right. I mean detox sucks. I hate being an addict. I must move on from this dastardly place. Like I know what dastardly means… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I hate being a ADDICT BUT I LOVE MY RECOVERY. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. IM IN AGREEMENT THAT YOUR DRINKING AND USING CAREER HAS BEEN RUINED AND RECOVERY HAS BECOME VERY PERSONAL. DON'T RUN FROM THE PROCESS. EMBRACE IT. DO THE WORK DAILY. AND YOU WILL SEE PROGRESS. YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES. SO DO WHAT IT TAKES

4 Likes

Early sobriety is definitely challenging. That’s why the sober community is vital. We help each other to survive and thrive.
Are you working with a sponsor?

3 Likes

I don’t have a sponsor. I am working with Lifering however. Thanks for asking.

I wish I had a ton of great advice, I haven’t found a sponsor or been active in meetings but what I learned in Rehab was to “play the tape” when I want to use and think about everything that comes with relapse. It has helped me get 8 months sober as of this week. It gets better as the months go by. Always here if you need anything.

1 Like

Stay clean and see your world get brighter

1 Like

I don’t know lifering but I hope it’s working for you.
I sponsor and I’m always here if you have questions

1 Like

I will be your Sponsor IF YOU want. I'm in year 37 AND have been WORKING ON my RECOVERY. WE DON'T GRADUATE FROM THE PROCESS. BE A LONG TERM THINKER. 9166924572 TXT ME I'M JOSEPH

1 Like

If it was easy, nobody would be an alcoholic/addict. Keep ur head up!!! Keep trying!!!

1 Like