I feel useless and in a rut in life i

I feel useless and in a rut in life i just am numb and maybe i just wish i wouldnt wake up anymore i have no purpose no life i stay home and dont go anywhere i dont talk to anyone i always sober but for what

4 Likes

Hope, I know the rut you’re in! These feelings come and go. When I feel that way, I must force myself to go to AA meetings and be of service. Even though I really don’t want to. Somehow I start to feel better. I don’t understand it, but I know it works, every time!
Are you working on the 12 steps with a sponsor?

2 Likes

You are wanted, needed and loved!

1 Like

That is the voice of your disease. Don’t listen to it. There is a good life waiting for you beyond the drugs. A life beyond your wildest dreams. Get to a detox and get to meetings. It will get better. You are worth while.
Remember, God doesn’t make junk.

1 Like

Good morning Hope I’m sorry to hear you struggling we have all been there. I am grateful that I have a home group that I am able to share when I am feeling the same way you are feeling now. I get a bunch of positive feedback and experience strength and hope from those who have been there as well.

Do you have a group? Do you have a sponsor?

1 Like

You're sober. That's awesome. Get out here and help others get and stay sober. That's a great purpose!

1 Like

Thank you everyone i did reach out to my therapist to start my session back up she unfortunately has an open May 2 i do struggle with PTSD and depression. Some of this i think is that and i had major surgery so being cooped up hasnt helped either i needed to get it out because we are as sick as our secrets and that disease sucks

1 Like

I understand