I got charged with 2 crimes. Gross misdemeanor- Expired Registration Intent

I got charged with 2 crimes.

Gross misdemeanor- Expired Registration Intent to evade tax

Misdemeanor- Driving with an expired license (This one is bogus. i have an out of state license)

I just got denied a public defender. I’m struggling with this. I have never been charged with a crime before. I’m super worried and don’t know what to do next. I really want to escape and go back to using. When I was using I didn’t have to think or worry. I’m almost 6 months completely clean. Ugh this sucks. I’m terrified and unsure what to do.

1 Like

Hi Rylee. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Legal troubles suck, I've been there. I promise you, using again will only make everything worse. Take it one day at a time, one minute if you have to. Do you have a close friend or family member you can talk to, or do you go to meetings?

One thing that I have seen in the past. And also suggested to my Sponsee is half people in your home group write a letter on your behalf expressing your gross and take that to court with you.

The Letters actually show the judge that you are changing your way of life that speaks volume. 

"Escape and go back to using" will potentially earn you much heavier charges.

Stay clean, it’s the smart thing to do. Getting high will only make everything much worse.
The legal issues will get resolved. You’re not charged with murder :scream: