I got her from a local shelter a week or

I got her from a local shelter a week or so after my sobriety date. I haven't had a drink since so naturally, ny household has been safe and loving and devoid of my psychotic blacked out behavior. Being responsible for another life means being responsible for yourself. I never imagined myself as a cat person but she is the most loving creature I've encountered. I've never connected with an animal like this before. I'm grateful to have her on my best and worst days.

50 Likes

Same here. They love unconditionally for sure.

2 Likes

It’s amazing what a pet can do for us in our recovery journey

2 Likes

I don’t miss “what did I do last night conversation”. Good luck with the cat

3 Likes

Sorting through my text messages trying to piece my night back together.... it was never good. :sweat_smile: I don't miss hangovers and people I love angry at me.

2 Likes

She's a gift, truly!

1 Like

The dreaded, "w.t.f. did I do last night?" thought, followed closely by guilt, shame, and remorse! I definitely don't miss that nonsense!!

2 Likes

Understand that

1 Like

How do people live without animals?

2 Likes

She is beautiful. I have a boy black long hair named Murphy. They look very similar. He has been a big part of my recovery.

2 Likes

I love this post and respective thread more than words can convey,
Christina!

I began fostering cats in 2022…around my nine month mark of being sober ( am still sober )…and I will always love cats!

Congratulations to you and your gorgeous cat.
On finding one another.
This is truly beautiful!
:paw_prints::purple_heart::paw_prints:

1 Like

Yooo I got four little tigers

They have their own personalities that’s for sure!!!!

My last one I rescued out of a customers car. They just bought their Honda pilot and complained that it was making noises. Turned out to be a sweet kitten

Now his name is Satan. And he’s such a Butthole

1 Like

Congratulations btw!!!! Way to stay busy!

1 Like

Haha I love this story :rofl: my kitty is an angel but she is demanding sometimes. It's her house now and I am merely a guest lol!

1 Like

I don't know how I did for this long!

It was torture. But I didn't learn until it was too late a lot of the time.

Thanks for sharing! I love catsđź’ť.

1 Like

Yeah exactly

I have hardwood floors in my house…

But when they have a hairball please let’s run to any freaking rug.

But I would pick cats over dogs any day because they don’t work for the police. They don’t snitch

That cat can be a very important part of your recovery! Cats are wonderful, take good care of her and yourself please!

1 Like

I don’t miss that either… so much shame & self loathing … good bye forever

2 Likes