I hate me. I hate my work. I hate being

I hate me. I hate my work. I hate being on bills. I hate not being there for people that need me. I hate going to work and feeling like at anytime I could be told we don’t like how you handle stressful situations. I just don’t want to be anything anymore.

7 Likes

The great George Strait has a song for that "I hate everything " it's a good song! I've been there.

I will listen to that I love me some George straight. I am also from Texas. He is king there

1 Like

It can only get better. The wonderful people on this ap are so supportive. Wishing you happiness always!

2 Likes

I’ve been there. Exactly there. It’s hard. I’ve even been there since getting sober. Sobriety doesn’t fix everything. I’m starting therapy tomorrow. I’m hoping it helps me. I’ve been really angry, depressed, and anxious for a long time. That’s probably why my marriage is ending. Sobriety hasn’t fixed everything, but I’m very sure I’m not going to be able to work on the things it doesn’t fix unless I stay sober.

1 Like

Hang in there, i get in that head space a lot

I send you a Big HugTerry! Tomorrow will be a new opportunity to do it again.. One more time.. One day at the time

Perfect time to get a sponsor and work some steps. Self-pity WILL cause me to pick up that first drink, if I dwell to long in it. But I get it, prayers.

1 Like

Get a gratitude buddy and share 3 things you are grateful for everyday. Keep sending them even when you don’t feel it. This helped me

Rewrote this for you :blush:- I love me, I get to work, I’m responsible enough to pay bills, I will try my best to be there for people that need me moving forward, when I go to work I will live in the present moment and not listen to negative thoughts, and handle situations that use to baffle me. I’m worth something, and worth being loved :heart:

2 Likes

Terri, I'm the same at work right now. Practicing keeping my mouth shut as much as possible, and I'm also going to start looking for a job that doesn't get me as worked up on a regular basis! We shouldn't have to use substances to moderate ourselves in order to be good corporate machinery

When I feel like that I think we'll at least I'm sober. That is more important than anything. You will get through this esp now that you let it go into the universe. Keeping things bottled up only makes things worse. Go see a movie or do something fun!

This is truly one of the best things I've ever read. We should all believe ourselves.

Terri, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I know that exact feeling. Try to be kind to yourself. :heartbeat: