I have FOMO

The Fear Of Missing Out has always been a struggle of mine, it’s hard watching people my age go out and party knowing that I can’t do those things anymore. I’ve had people close to me tell me, “well you know you can do that sober, right?” Sure, I could.. but being in an environment (let’s say, a nightclub) that gives me even a little bit of temptation is terrifying. I guess what I’m saying is that being sober at 26 is making it a little hard to make friends. Alcohol used to help me with that.

3 Likes

Lots of places to meet people without drinking. Not that you want to meet someone in a gym but that's one place. Yoga studio. I would rather meet someone in a healthy place. Where they are being their authentic self. What about a coffee shop. I would Imagine if you even acknowledge someone's presence he or she will send you positive vibes back. And if they don't. No great loss.

1 Like

Kayla I get it for sure …. You’re only 26 and most of your peers are out there letting loose. Just remember the reason you chose to be sober :pray:t3:

1 Like

Have you heard of ICCYPAW? It’s a national network of young people in recovery. They do a ton of cool stuff. Check em out. I’ve been to some great events.

1 Like

I have that fear too but when I am blacked out most of my :wine_glass: my days. I miss out anyway

2 Likes

FOMO is real. That's why everyone is glued to their phones all the time.

1 Like