I’m 10 months sober but I really want to smoke

I’m 10 months sober but I really want to smoke right now. I know I shouldnt and I probably won’t I just want it so bad. I stopped smoking to help my depression and I’m just as depressed as when I stopped smoking. I would probably lose all my sober friends if I started smoking again. I really want to get to a year. I just want to smoke so bad right now

7 Likes

Hang in there Paige just for today :pray:t3:

1 Like

Congratulations on 10 months. Don’t pick up no matter what and your life will continue to get better

Smoking, drinking etc doesn't help with depression. This is an illusion we tell ourselves. It just prolongs things as we never really end of "dealing" with them. Getting sober has allowed me to get into therapy, and that has made a world of difference for me.

1 Like

Stay strong! You this! :muscle::muscle:

Paige, I’m not sure what you want to smoke. If it’s weed, makes me stupid. If it’s crack, I lose my dignity. If it’s meth, makes me super crazy. If it’s nicotine, don’t trip.
The breaking points in regards to sober time is 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 60, 90, 6 months, 9 months & 1 year. Then there’s a ton of life that is constantly changing.
Are you working the 12 steps with a sponsor?