I’m asking opinions *

If you had a slip would you restart your count ? Or would you only restart if you’ve slipped and continued to drink ?

1 Like

If I’m counting, then I’d restart. In the long run it truly doesn’t matter. Personally, I’d feel funny saying I have xxx of continuous sobriety, if I really have xxy. I have two good friends that have slipped 1 day in the last 2 years. One celebrated a year since his slip, while the other just picked up a white chip last week. They both have 99% sobriety over the last 2 years, but started their count over. They both learned a lot from their slips. That’s probably more important than anything else. That, and being sober today

2 Likes

I actually have been through this, and to be honest, I need to start counting again, because I just keep relapsing. I think it’s part of those keeping sick sick in your secrets just lying to yourself and being in denial but that’s for me.

1 Like

That’s helpful thank you! And being sober today * I love that part and it’s true ! That’s what matters *

I think you should stack as many days as you can

If I'm counting it is back to day 1 for me. I slipped up on vacation in February a few times and I had to be honest with myself first and foremost if I wanted to move further. Accepting this made it easier to regroup and keep pushing towards my goals.

1 Like