I’m looking in to this app, and I don’t trust

I’m looking in to this app, and I don’t trust anyone.

7 Likes

Swear to goodness, if a chat bot reply thing comes back, my head will explode!

No chat bot here! Welcome to Loosid. Feel free to ask questions, ask for advice, tell your story… or just stay in the shadows and read about our journeys. Trusting people can take time. As addicts we all know that too well. But as addicts who have learned to both trust and gain trust back from people, we know where you are coming from.

3 Likes

Welcome Liz!..I haven't experienced any bots on here yet. Just lots of good people trying to help each other stay sober

1 Like

Thank you both for replying.

Welcome :pray:t4:

Stay blessed

I hope I can begin to trust me. I know life will look different and I’ll be around trustworthy people as I stay sober/clean and it will become norm to trust people

Trust is a gift we give. Longer I live, the more people have to earn it...but still sometimes if I don't know ya, I'll go out on a limb.

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to stay tuned in. Seems like you all are wonderful resources and very supportive. Today I am starting Day 1. I don’t drink everyday but I keep trying to stay away from it for an extended period and I keep cracking around day 3 to 7. I’m trying “urge surfing” and that sometimes helps…

2 Likes

I have a hard time trusting others as well. It’s a process you know

Welcome :heart::pray:

All realz hope you are having a good day. Reach out anytime

It’s real. A safe place to seek encouragement and support.

Valuable and Gracious people here! Grasias! Happy Good Friday Everyone :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Wow! Ok. Why should we trust you?

Glad you're here Liz.

I think this is a great app for support and conversing with people that are in recovery. But I don't see it as a solution.

What do you get when you get a horse thief sober?
A sober horse thief!

You see, drinking and or drugs was but a symptom of our problem. We have to get down to causes and conditions.

The solution for me was the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Welcome. Been catfished on here but I'm thinking that happens everywhere anymore. Good luck with your sobriety and trust issues.

Not a bot-a genuine human who likes to think of herself as genuine!
I would chat with you about your curiosities about sobriety. Even though I have had time, I still find myself curious if it’s the only way-if you’re tracking… anyways. I’ll send you a “friend request “ and if you’re up to it, message me!

Additionally, bots, scammers and people who are cat fishing just reflects the the time we are living In. They are no more or less on this app than any other. Just trust your gut.