I’m lost

I can’t seem to feel this empathy part for people at times.. especially for the ones that I love the most. It’s really hard for me to talk with someone about their resentments towards me and I can only offer my acceptance in my behavior. I can’t understand how I should feel for their pain or even know what to say to help them heal or feel somewhat better; it’s frustrating to be in this position!!! But I’m actively trying…

Slow down man.. fixing relationships comes later. At this point in your sobriety you are not in the right headspace to try and fix or address the past. Step 9 is where it is in the order because of this very reason. Learning to empathize, talk about resentments, deal with the past comes with accepting who and what we are. Of course you can’t understand how to act or react to their pain yet… you are still learning to be sober. Just keep working a program, and doing the next right thing. You will get there.

1 Like

Thanks mannnn, you’re completely right. I’m honestly just trying to rush things it seems.. I hate feeling so new to this. Thank you very very much! It’s just feeling time sensitive with everything even though I’m fully committed to this. I just want to understand. But every time I grasp something it’s freaking major every time and it motivates me. I love this app :joy: