I’m not so much struggling as just feeling lost. I’m

I’m not so much struggling as just feeling lost. I’m happy and thankful to be sober but AA hasn’t clicked for me. I’m just by myself trying to get through every day and some times it just feels incredibly lonely.

4 Likes

I don’t click with 12-step either, although I did learn a lot from those groups. I prefer Recovery Dharma. There are meetings all day.
Recoverydharmaglobal.org

1 Like

Keep trying you’ll get there takes time

1 Like

Perhaps narcotics anonymous would resonate better with you? At NA, alcohol is just another mind altering substance that deserves no special recognition. The term ‘addict’ is all inclusive. Give it a try - it’s free!

2 Likes

Definitely worth a try. Thank you

I didn’t like AA or the people and was lonely for a long time. But then I opened up my mind, heart and hand. I started showing up early and staying a little while longer after meetings to help out. Then I started making acquaintances and accepting invites to hangout and eventually made some of the best friends I ever had.
I never thought it possible but I’m glad I applied myself.

4 Likes

I have a friend who is more independent and AA wasn't her thing. She swears by "Smart Recovery"

1 Like

I felt the exact same way about AA, when I was new to sobriety. I had tried countless other ways of stopping, all of which failed inevitably and led me back to that first drink. AA is the only thing I've done that has not only kept me away from drinking, but it allows me to be free from the bondage of alcohol. I had to learn that I was mentally and physically different from most people, and that alcohol was just a symptom of my disease. It was the answer to all of my problems. Once I opened my mind, and began to relate and identify with the other people in the rooms, and began following their suggestions (praying daily, getting a sponsor, getting a home group, getting a service position in that home group, etc) that's when the magic happened. For the first time in my life, I am not completely consumed by self (self-pity, self-delusion, selfishness, self-centered fear, etc). AA does not have a monopoly on sobriety, but it has saved millions of lives worldwide just like it saved mine.

2 Likes

I find community at the gym, and at church.

1 Like

I use refuge recovery. Lots of online meetings. It’s nice to have community. Reach out whenever you need. I’m here for help and support

1 Like

Hang in there and stay connected. Feel free to message me on here if you need anything. You can do this and I’m proud of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out Sober Leon on you tube

1 Like

Hope you’re doing better today!!:blush:

1 Like