I’m so sick of waking up every morning and starting

I’m so sick of waking up every morning and starting the mental struggle of are you going to drink tonight. Its so exhausting and bring so much anxiety.

5 Likes

Hi Ashley!! I grew up in Fargo so we are soul sisters in recovery. Hey I get it. I'm over 7 years in recovery and I can promise you it gets better. I focus on things. Thing to do, things to work on, things to be greatful for. If I try and stay positive my mind stays right all day. But yes I do have bad days. But they are few and far between. And help, you gotta ask for help it won't come to you. I forget this sometimes cuz I'm a doer. I do it all by myself. Except staying sober, that I can't do alone. I've learned enough times that I know there is no way. DM anytime. Don't forget to ask for help :wink:

4 Likes

Even though that’s not exactly my struggle , I wonder when the day will come when I won’t have to think about my sobriety first thing the moment i wake up.

3 Likes

It will come to that eventually, but I still get the “ urge or thought” of having a drink periodically through the day at different times. Those feelings are getting fewer and further apart, but they are still there. It’s at that moment I need to , pray, fight, concentrate on other things, and then it goes away.
I definitely don’t have the stress and worry about getting a bottle or a full case of beer the moment I wake up like I used too

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing that today. Don’t want that back for anything!! My good juju and prayer for you today is that the obsession is lifted from you!! Peace be with you :pray::v:

2 Likes

Ashley, I had to go to in person AA meetings early in the mornings and evenings too! This helped me tremendously with the anxiety and depression.
I found my people that I identified with and we supported each other.
It’s much easier than you think and it really works if you work it.
I’m here if you want to talk or have any questions

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words and advice. I really appreciate it :heart:

1 Like