I’m trying my hardest not to drink. I freaking hate

I’m trying my hardest not to drink. I freaking hate this battle.

13 Likes

It can be easier, when you realize that drinking doesn't ever do anything positive for you. It's like decoding not to hit yourself with a hammer. One hit with the hammer might be better than 24, but still not good.

2 Likes

Prayers

2 Likes

I feel ya!! Look up Annie Grace & her 2 books. 1st one is called This Naked Mind & is very enlightening! Her 2nd one is called The 30 Day Alcohol Experiment. She has free videos on YouTube & a podcast. She also has an app called the This Naked Mind Companion app that you can download on your phone for free. There are other apps like “I am sober” & Try Dry. There is lots of help out there!! Also you could try reading a book called Alcohol Explained by William Porter. Annie Grace worked for me … she’s the absolute BEST!!!

1 Like

I hear you Yarel. I'm really struggling tonight. I quickly joined an online meeting. Gather with those that are doing the same as you, even if it is virtually.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. This really helped me out.

I hated the battle myself. Day after day after day. I have 934 days..it gets easier. If so can do it, so can you.

How are you doing?

Hope you made it tonight!

Mental warfare is so hard. Have time to do ask yourself this. Where would your life be if you continue your drinking. If you kept drinking what would your life look like?

Also idk if you have any hobbies but find something you enjoy doing. Something that keeps you busy and keeps your soul happy. Keep the mind busy.

3 Likes

Lean on us. It will get easier once you get a little time.
Once you get out of self imposed prison, don’t make the choice to go back:)

2 Likes

Thank you I’m so glad I reached out. I didn’t drink yesterday. This place is awesome.

5 Likes

Just don’t drink!! Don’t pick up that first drink! Instead call a support, jump on a meeting

That’s all you Yarel! Way to hold on :clap:t3:

You. Got. This.

It takes time

It will get easier as time goes by but it's also something you work towards, I've never seen anyone maintain sobriety by doing nothing. Meetings meditation whatever works for you, good luck

Are you in AA?

THE DREAM... THE STRUGGLE... AND THE PRIZE. IM IN AGREEMENT THAT YOUR DRINKING AND USING CAREER HAS BEEN RUINED AND RECOVERY HAS BECOME VERY PERSONAL FOR YOU. TRUST THE PROCESS ONE DAY AT A TIME. IM IN YEAR 37 AND THIS IS A PROCESS YOU DON'T GRADUATE FROM. Early in recovery. People think IT is going to be EASY. LET'S NOT MAKE THINGS EASY. LET'S BECOME STRONGER :muscle::100:. STAY IN THE PROCESS AND YOU WILL MAKE IT