I’m very nervous about being sober. Sounds stupid, I know

I’m very nervous about being sober. Sounds stupid, I know. I don’t like myself or my background.

6 Likes

The nerves go away. Tons of opportunities when you’re sober

1 Like

Yes to that! ^^^ And the nerves and anxiety you do feel once you start getting sober is also partly your brain trying to get you to give it more poison which should just make you mad and make you even more determined to stay the course! Then you’ll truly start feeling better and from then on the opportunities are endless.

1 Like

Learn to love yourself

1 Like

Sounds perfect normal to me.

1 Like

The first few days is definitely tough but getting sober is the best thing you can do for yourself and everyone that loves you! Today was my one week sober mark and I feel amazing! You become a whole different person! I know it’s hard but it’s 100% worth every second!

Hilary WE all have done things in our Addiction that we are not proud of. Some people have 10...20...30...40 YEARS of things they didn't like doing. But now that WE mean BUSINESS. And WE take our SOBRIETY SERIOUSLY. WE CAN EMBRACE A PROCESS WHERE WE CAN BEGIN TO FORGIVE OURSELVES AND OTHERS FOR OUR PAST LIFE. BE a long term THINKER and you can RECREATE YOUR LIFE AND HAVE NO REGRETS. BUT IT ALL BEGINS WITH YOUR HONEST DECISION TO MOVE FORWARD AND FACE YOURSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME SOBER. YOU CAN DO THIS

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound stupid whatsoever. I felt like that myself. It’s a huge change and it’s a hard one. But it’s worth it. I look back at all of the stupid things I did, said, etc when I was drunk and it gives me anxiety, makes me feel terrible but that’s all in the past, nothing I can change now. What I can change is my future and you can too.

1 Like

I don’t think any one of us can look back and say they liked themselves and their background when they were drinking honestly.

2 Likes

Giiirl I soooo relate! Yeah not stupid at all! Just have to keep reminding ourselves doing this is to be all the better people we like more going forward !! :pray:t3:

Welcome! You’re in the right place at the right time.
I’m confident many of us felt very uncomfortable about being sober and raw. Vulnerable to feelings we numbed with drugs & alcohol.
Ya I didn’t like me too much at all. Not a good dude. But that all changed when I surrendered to the winning side and made my sobriety the number one priority over everyone and everything.
Then life got easier and easier. Not saying it’s easy, just a lot easier.

2 Likes

…the thought of NOT being sober stresses me out, big time!

Substances lie.

They are so awful on so many levels.

It is that corporations and advertisers - from the time we enter this world…are brainwashing humans into assuming that we are not good enough as we ARE…just being ourselves…and not using external factors to give us some sense of self.

Using alcohol and / or drugs wastes time, money, potential…the list goes on.

Increases anxiety, depression.
What you are feeling is not unusual.

Look forward to a future where you will feel anxiety at the thought of using any substance.
You are worth it.

Take everything minute by minute-if a full 24 hour period feels like too much.

U can do this I promise