I never thoght that giving up drinking could or would

I never thoght that giving up drinking could or would be this hard. Hoping to just keep going staying sober....

11 Likes

Just breath and go to a meeting or gather positive people around you.

1 Like

Simple but not easy

What's your plan?
White knuckling it without a network or tools is hard

I right with you and trying. I’ve started to sadly let friends and others out of my circle.

1 Like

I started drinking at the age of 12 years old I found that ro be my only way of dealing and coping with being molested by my biological father. Drinking has become my go to medicine when everything else seemed to fail me I knew that that good old bottle was there waiting for me as tho we were best friends. I don't really have a plan other then staying clean, this is the first time in one year that I haven't had a drink I'm just one week in yet I've cried cuz I want a drink so bad! It's just not easy but I won't give up I want sobriety more then a drink tho.....

3 Likes

I'm right there with you. I didn't think it would be this hard I didn't think I had a problem. But then I couldn't even go 5 days without a drink then turned to every day. Now I realize I have a problem and try to take it day by day. I'm only on day two I'm scared for the weekend. Ive also started intermittent fasting so I hope that will help me stay motivated too. I've gained so much weight from the amount I was drinking. It's hard just take it one day at a time. Just stay sober one more day...then another.

2 Likes

Same
Childhood molestation I finally dealt with in my 50s. Alcohol was how I coped with great grief and heartache. Sober is so much better!!! The 1st yr I had to relearn how to do everything sober

1 Like

Write down the reasons that prompred you to quit. Carry them with you, remind yourself by reading your reasons. Also there is no easy fix. Stay dedicated for you! You got this!!

1 Like