I’ve had a few good days. But just today… scrolling

I’ve had a few good days. But just today… scrolling my photo gallery to delete things I no longer need, I came across a drink I had taken a picture of,

5 Likes

and when I saw that glass I couldn’t help but to just stare. I want a drink so bad it hurts… my husband and my kids are the only things keeping me from grabbing that bottle… I don’t want them to see me break again…

1 Like

Recovery folks have told me to see a potential relapse all the way through to the desperate ending that it leads to. The pretty glass cannot have a happy ending as long as there's alcohol in it. Did you delete the old pic?
Take a pic of coffee in your favorite mug, or pic of kids' juice sippy box...:hugs:
Hang in there & thanks for sharing :raised_hands:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

Been there too. I had to actually work a real program. I tried everything but found that AA was the only program that worked for me. And it was free👏.
17 years of grateful sobriety.
I’m here if you want to talk or have any questions

1 Like