I'm ready to start my recovery and sober journey. I

I'm ready to start my recovery and sober journey. I don't know where to begin... Can i get some advice from you sober ones that can help me begin

5 Likes

Not sure how to do any of that but I'm guessing eventually I'll get it?

1 Like

If you’re looking for a meeting, download the meeting guide app on your phone. It shows all of the meetings that is around your area. Second, when you start your meetings, try to attend at least one a day. Third, find a home group (this is the meeting where you literally feel at home, comfortable, and truly relatable). And fourth, find you a sponsor. This is the person who will guide you through the steps and you can be truly open and honest with). Work the steps!!!! And NO MATTER WHAT DONT USE!!!!

2 Likes

It seems hard at first, but it gets easier day by day. You start to put your recovery first and you gain a routine that consists of meetings and reminders to call your sponsor and other recovery alcoholics and addicts. Everyone has a specific meeting they attend. Some choose AA, I choose NA, but there’s also CA (cocaine anonymous), HA (heroine anonymous), and so much more. There’s clubhouses that have meetings ALL DAY EVERYDAY!! If you need help finding your first meeting, let us know and we can help you find one

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

You’re more than welcome! We are here with you. We’ve been there. We know how it is.

So happy you made this decision! Welcome.

1 Like

Good luck and your on the right path