I'm severely struggling with my alcoholism. It's so bad that

I'm severely struggling with my alcoholism. It's so bad that I really feel that I need inpatient detox. Unfortunately, I live in a small community and have a high profile job. Everyone would know my private business in minutes.

1 Like

If you have a high profile job, you have access to travel to a bigger city, further away from home. Do it. Get yourself the help you need, you can do this. It's great that you know you need help.

4 Likes

A high profile job unfortunately doesn't mean high salary. It would be difficult to afford treatment and difficult to explain and cover a prolonged absence.

1 Like

I understand. There's got to be a way.

Do they sell Hop water where u live. That dramatically helped me on my day 5. They are non alcoholic with vitamins for a boost of happy

Health > Career

4 Likes

Maybe you have nothing to conceal.
Perhaps you are overly worried about protecting some version of yourself that is false .
You have the chance to help yourself and potentially others by your example.

3 Likes

I went on an extended vacation ( I told work to visit family ) they/anyone doesn’t need details. Checked myself into detox. 9 days. Sometimes you can’t do it alone. It helped. That’s what it did. Anonymity

4 Likes

I went away for 45 days last summer. If I didn’t I would be dead right NOW. What other people thought was none of my business. Still isn’t.

3 Likes

F em! I'm sure they knew about your drinking and talked plenty...small town girl here too. Anyone who cares about you will be proud of you...the fact that you still have the chance to do it of your own accord is a blessing!!! People really talk when it comes to dui or worse...this is YOUR life or death

3 Likes

Hey M you can beat this. Don't drink today. Alcohol is just a poison and whatever we used to think we were getting from drinking it was an illusion. Ask yourself if there is any positive thing you can reasonably expect from drinking alcohol. One drink. There's nothing in a drink but the potential for a load of drinks, and they don't actually address anything in a productive manner. Just for today, remember that and be glad you don't have to drink that poison any more.

1 Like

Discrete at home detox with a nurse
It's expensive tho
Don't be afraid to reach out to others especially in the program. You need support

1 Like

Hopefully they would respect your privacy and be proud of you for getting the help you deserve!

2 Likes

Never heard of hop water. I've been pounding powerade for hydration