I'm struggling with once I put the drugs down now

I'm struggling with once I put the drugs down now Ive been eating like crazy and I constantly need motivation to exercise.

5 Likes

You can do it! One day at the time. Keep going and don't look back. When I surrender.. I decided to ask God for help and he has being there all the way in my recovery process

1 Like

It gets better. Keep up the good work

You doin the 12 steps with a sponsor?

Is there a specific kind of movement/exercise that brings you joy? I know I'm absolutely not a gym person no matter how many times I've tried, so walking/running and yoga are my things that I fit in when I can. Rest is also important though, especially as our bodies are reequilibrating to sobriety

1 Like

Thank you everyone soo real quick I love In a halfway house I go to substance abuse treatment 3 times a week I just started attending a community fathers group in my area and also taking a parenting class. I’m saving money for a place for me and my daughter right now my mother has her thankfully. And I use to be an avid lifter but just been trying to get the motivation to get back in the gym I’ve gained a lot of weight

1 Like

For the first time I’m putting me first and I’m looking for that balance I’m doing pretty well but feel like I could be doing better

1 Like