Impact of Past Trauma on Addiction

I was 6 when my dad was killed in the line of duty as policeman and totally messed me up

Can u let her talk

1 Like

Is this conversation about soberlink or trauma ? Iā€™m still waiting for her to talk, he doing it all

1 Like

Ughā€¦ use cotton please

1 Like

I don't understand...
It says there are 23 Comments, but I only see 4? :thinking:

1 Like

I wish all videos have subtitles? Im deaf

1 Like

I wish you would allow your guests to be center stage when you interview!! Let them speak for goodness sake... less about u please...must you curseā€‹:-1::-1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve realized that I should put this here too. From my daily gratitude:

Today, I am grateful for the Loosid video called ā€˜Impact of Past Trauma on Addictionā€™. I learned about something called an ACES score. Itā€™s a test that gives you a reading on your level of childhood trauma. I took it. Then, I researched my score a bit online and found that an ACES score of 4+ can increase your chances of becoming an alcoholic by 7X. Iā€™m a 4+. That caused me to ask what that meant as a percentage. The healthy population has a 7% alcoholism rate. Bear with me, Iā€™m not a math wiz or a psychologist, but thatā€™s a 49% chance.

I carry the gene as well. Which, comes with another 50% probability. I have a chronic pain disorder- about 30%+ more there. I spent 10 years in a relationship with someone who ticks every box for covert narcissism. He was only one of my stellar selections. With that ACES score, Iā€™ve been a recovering codependent for 6 years. My corresponding PTSD diagnosis adds another 40-50% probability.

I would never have started drinking if I possessed this knowledge earlier. Knowing this, I am 1000% (lol) positive that I shouldnā€™t try to form a ā€˜normalā€™ relationship with alcohol for the 10,000th time. I find abstinence easier to maintain when I realize how stacked against me the cards REALLY are. I share this here for others who may be grateful for another reason to make it another day. Thank you Loosid!!