Impact of Past Trauma on Addiction

https://loosid-assets.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/videos/Loosi-Sequence-01.mp4

Visit website : Soberlink | Loosid x Soberlink

95 Likes

I’m a former firefighter/paramedic, and all trauma affects our neurology and plasticity. Concussion research is my passion. Love this topic

11 Likes

I finished the video, and I am very hyper vigilant

4 Likes

I have been in California for 210 days now and I came out here to have a fresh start. I came with 10-12 outfits and the normal past baggage we all carry. I am now seeking a room for rent preferably something simple and cheap so I can continue my search for the right trucking company for me. Oh forgot to mention in my time here I have acquired a position at dollar tree as a cashier and obtained my class A CDL commerical license after attending a month of training. I also started out on a regular bicycle and upgrades to a e-bike...in which sadly enough I was hit on. However due to my past trauma and many other factors I refused to call the cops till 5 days later and they sorta just laughed at me. So yay... Life anyways please contact me if you could be of any help. Please and thank you!

6 Likes

After years of being in fire/EMS, I have to acknowledge that I developed a weird perception of danger.

As part of recovery I recognize patterns in my life, and I have to acknowledge that it was financial insecurity that made my PTSD crazy.

It still happens today, but I realize that I have so many skills

3 Likes

Are we able to share this video? It provides a lot of understanding around the aces concept that many people are not aware. Thank you for this.

Where is the link for ACE ?

1 Like

I find the interviewers conversation style offensive. I made it halfway through the interview, before I'm having to use my recovery tools. His language use shoved me out the door to what could have been valuable recovery information. My opinion.

4 Likes

I focus on the message, not the messenger, but the point on how Fentanyl is devastating communities is unmistakable regardless of one’s position in life.

1 Like

same.. working er animal hosp

2 Likes

Got a lot out the session thanks panel :+1:

1 Like

I think he’s on point with all the the 12 step stuff. I wish he had let her talk more, because if you’re going to bring in an expert, shut up and let them talk. I related to what he said about the bullying when he was young. I went through the same thing. But again, he should have shut up and let her talk more.

1 Like

I believe that you can’t put recovery in a box, and that a number of recovery professionals have “a way” but even in this talk what is not being addressed is that trauma affects your brain and body. If you don’t address trauma in the same fashion, it can hinder progress. Your brain doesn’t think about walking because it delegates this to your spinal cord. My mentor is a psychotherapist and acupuncturist, and she started this idea 20 years ago.

1 Like

Hi everyone

Addicting sucks..

2 Likes

Awesome conversation. Thank you very much.. :pray:

‪https://gofund.me/92a74e56 recovery assistance. Kick alcohol and drugs. Fund this and hmu for you or anyone you know who needs help

Does it ever get easier?? When does addiction become far from our thoughts? I have been in recovery since 10/07/2021 and it still controls me. Every minute it’s a fight.. I’m getting weaker to stay sober.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am struggling really bad. Are you still maintaining your sobriety?
I use to have five otr trucks.