In a world full of fakery

Quick snapshots of perfect, flawless looking people. With excellent looking skin. Perfect looking hair. Posing in perfect looking places. Maybe on their perfect vacation. Eating a perfectly arranged and displayed plate of food to nourish their perfectly toned and tanned bodies. All the while smiling with perfectly straight glowing white teeth. Living their perfect best lives. This is what I see around me. On social media, television, advertising and in the crowds of people I see out and about at times. No, I'm not judging. Simply noticing. Step into an AA or NA meeting I find genuine, honest people. With the courage to show up as themselves. Their true selves. Yes to receive help and support but more than that to give. Give support. Give help to others. Give an honest smile and you know, just to ask that simple question that I think we all desire to be truly and honestly asked. " How are you " ? Genuine, courageous, caring, true and honest people. Real people. That is what I see and find in our recovery community. On this app and in those rooms. Thank you all for showing up. Being yourselves and showing me it is ok for me to do the same. I hope you all have an excellent Monday and a prosperous week. Thank you all :grin:

7 Likes

Truth

1 Like

Thank you for sharing Dion. The altruistic attitude it’s so beautiful. It was hard when I first came in. To believe that everybody was happy joy and free. But today I truly am free.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

My pleasure, brother how are you feeling today? 

Feeling good thanks for asking. Ready for whatever the day brings

1 Like

Amen brother. I’m proud of you.

1 Like

I think we become genuine and honest when we have finally surrendered and crawled and fought our way back from he'll to make a comeback. It's humbling

1 Like

I agree. Thank you