In bed recovering from my unfortunate weekly hangover… I decided

In bed recovering from my unfortunate weekly hangover… I decided to download this app to get some support because I know my drinking has picked up considerably, where it’s moving from socially to at home. It’s making me unproductive in business and I find myself partying along with drinking which has its own issues… any suggestions on how I can curb all of this?

Welcome to loosid. The best time to fix a leaking pipe is when you first find the leak. The same goes with getting sober. As soon as you pick up on the idea of an issue get to working on it. Go to some meetings. You can find one at aa.org

2 Likes

Thank you Steven.. it’s definitely something I’m looking into

1 Like

Stay busy.try going out meetings.meet people/women get phone numbers.90 meetings in 90 days.do your best.

2 Likes

There is a lot of help on here.

Lots of people getting sober and supporting one another. It’s a great time to explore sobriety

1 Like

Check out Annie Grace and the book This Naked Mind. You should be able to download it for free. I don't belong to her group but the book is really helpful. I am getting help through my church and seeing a therapist. A lot of people swear by AA too. Best of luck on your journey

1 Like

Just gotta honestly take it one day at a time. It’s a lot of work but if ya put your mind to it you can do it and stay sober. The first couple days are hard but you have to try and stay positive :slight_smile: